* Umm... H-hey, I couldn't see a thing!
* This article would benefit from the addition of an image.
* B-but it's okay!
* You can upload a picture to this article by going to the Upload page and selecting the file you wish to add to the wiki. Images that are of the .JPG format cannot be uploaded, and the file must have a proper name to be admitted.
Alder is an Monster OC created by Shifting Fox. They're a canine Royal Guardian hidden deep within the modded game of UNDERTALE. She can only be found by preforming the Frisk Seizure glitch while sliding on ice in one of Papyrus's puzzles.
Alder was born of two Dog soldiers who fought and survived the War, and was raised and trained by other surviving Dog monsters to be part of the Royal Guard. She's capable of human-like speech, and is not directly affected by the presence of sticks. In other words, she thinks more like a Human than a Dog. She has risen in the ranks, and stationed just outside of Snowdin by Undyne.
- LOVE: 3
- ATK: 60 (30 after activating Special Attack)
- DEF: 40 (20 after activating Special Attack)
- HP: 670
- Armor: Skimpy Armor
- Weapon: Snowglobe Sword
- Blood Color: Bluish-Red
Alder is a Female Dog Monster, with largely umber fur and eyes the color of a blue SOUL. She stands at an average 5'7", with a athletic, somewhat muscular build. Her thighs are well-sculpted and inherently used to running and jumping, and her feet appear to be paws. Her hands, however, appear more human-like, with down-like fur and four fingers, one of which being an opposable thumb. Her right ear (our right in a drawing, her left) has two stud earrings in it, while the other has a .15 gauge earring in it. She possesses two identical, fluffy umber-colored tails, with a greyish underfur.
In her Guard Outfit, she wears a metallic grey chest plate and muddied, torn Capri leggings, with similar-colored knee pads. The leggings stop at her buttocks, and reveal her stomach. She also wears a fabric belt, its color a dark, faded red. It sports a gold circular clasp that keeps it snug around her waist.
Her casual outfit is a little more formal, with a three-quarter sleeved turtleneck sweater in the color of her fabric belt, and jet black, not-torn Capri leggings that stop a little ways off from her foot (since, technically, she has no ankle).
She is often described as a secluded and almost shy woman, and does not like to often be seen. She sees herself as something of a 'freak', and this is mostly caused by her two tails. They serve no other purpose besides, quote herself, 'getting in the way.'
- Dimensional Travel: By using her Snowglobe Sword and cutting in an upward direction, Alder can 'tear' a portal open that can take her to different dimensions and AUs. However, this power is limited to non-UNDERTALE universes and Post-Pacifist AUs/ timelines.
- SOUL Manipulation: Like other monsters in the UNDERGROUND, Alder is able to manipulate the color of one's SOUL to create special conditions. Hers is a mixture between the PURPLE SOUL trait and the BLUE SOUL trait- Five lines the player navigates, while being affected by gravity. This is her special attack, and it lasts from the time activated until the end of the fight. Unfortunately, this attack lowers her attack and defense by half.
- Branching Mind : Similar to Sans, Papyrus, and Flowey in UNDERTALE, Alder can foresee and live through different timelines while in a separate one. However, this ability is limited to only seeing these in dreams, and even further hindered by only seeing Pacifist and Neutral Runs.
- RESET Remembrance: Alder, Like Sans and Flowey, can remember some RESETS. It is hindered similar to Branching Mind in the sense that when a RESET that she remembers occurs, it feels like a serious case of deja'vu. In addition, she can only remember one in four RESETS. Namely, the FIRST of every four.
- Blend: Alder can, when visiting various AUs, modify her appearance slightly (though subcounsiously) to fit the area's theme. However, this effect is merely an illusion, and if she were to fall asleep or be somehow incapacitated, this effect would fade. It also cannot drastically change the color of her clothing or cause others who see her to automatically know her.
- Sword Summon: Alder can manifest up to four smaller, magical swords to fly around and attack opponents. These can sap up to 5 HP from a Human, and 50 HP from a Monster. They are able to change into orange, but not into blue. When her Special Attack is activated, the number able to be summoned is 2.
Alder isn't a huge fan of this Destroyer. She doesn't understand her reasoning, and believes that this creature should be stopped. They've never met, but Alder has heard of this former Human.
For more information on this OC, see Candor Silvers.Status: Close Friends
She met Candor after traveling to his post-Pacifist AU, SurfaceTest. She supports his position and decisions for what's left of free monsterkind, and applauds his gentle nature. However, she doesn't get to visit him very often, due to the threats that exist for his world.
When hanging at Grillby's, she's often the first to laugh at his puns. Sometimes, she'll even sit by him when he's drinking. Of course, she's often drunk, too, so she barely remembers these instances.
SurfaceTest Sans (Tri)Edit
Status: Work Friends
When visiting SurfaceTest, Alder will take guard and patrol shifts with this Sans, often chatting it up, being lazy , or even looking after the City's children. They're friends during work, but otherwise don't chat. In some cases she'll yell at him in attempt to keep him on the HP supplements he needs in order to prevent a painful wihdrawl process that can inadvertently hurt his Papyrys.
While the two end up training together, Alder feels more maternal twoards this Skele due to his happy, young nature. She never says anything about it, though, and is much more quiet around him. She's trying to reverse the terrible cooking lessons given by Undyne, but she's a pretty terrible cook too.
Status: Sibling-like Friends
This Paps is often stressed and ainxious, and much less trusting twoards Humans, and, when she's able to visit his AU, she always tries her best to help out her buddy. She's still pretty maternal twoards him, and he's perceptive enough to realize it.
Judge! Sans Edit
For more information on this OC, see Judge!Sans.Status: Aquaintances
He and Alder would probably chat a bit about Sans and what Snowdin is like in general, maybe telling stories and such. Judge probably wouldn't consider them to be super close friends, but he would like them enough to invite them into his void occasionally just to chat and eat junk-food.
- She speaks in the DETERMINATION font
- She hates bones (but not the Skelebros)
- Alphys and Mettaton scare her.
- She's friends with a serial killer.
- Alder, if she knew Toriel, wouldn't communicate with her.
- Her stats are the same in any version of the story- Pacifist, Neutral, or Genocide.